Wednesday, April 01, 2009

Supporting Newcastle United

Never dull, is it?

Forty years of near constant disappointment teaches you to live in hope not expectation. As a manager Shearer might well turn out to be more Bobby Charlton than Brian Clough, but things can't get any worse than the depressing downwards drift of Hughton, Calderwood and Wise. If nothing else, today's the first time I've felt positively about the club since Keegan left. A new boss always gets a reaction. It might just be enough to keep us up.

After that, we'll see.

6 comments:

MaryKwizMiz said...

it's April Fool's Day....

MaryKwizMiz said...

not that it'd be any different from the other 364 days in the Toon.... seems to be true tho..

Garry Nixon said...

This is the most succinct report so far:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/leagues/premierleague/newcastle/5089042/Alan-Shearers-eight-games-to-save-Newcastle-United.html

I'm going to hate myself for saying this, but hope springs eternal...

Michael said...

Yesterday I'd have said we were going down. Today I reckon we'll stay up.
We're a bunch of footballing romantics, Geordies. That or fools.

MaryKwizMiz said...

January all the way through December... I'm almost tempted to say "wouldn't want it any other way" but that'd be lying..

Karen Toon said...

Its got to the stage that I think, thank f**k that Ashley has finally done something... Just hope its not too late... A point on Saturday would be a statement of intent from the players... I daren't expect anything more.