Tuesday, April 21, 2009

The Morning Run

I upped the run to twenty-five minutes this morning, over a traffic-clogged road then keeping to the banks of the river as far as the castle. I turned back by the metal fence at the entrance to the port, passing unemployed men with cans of beer and fishing rods, all dressed in army fatigues or black leather jackets. The pace was comfortable until the very end when the top of my thighs began to tighten, possibly due to the fact that I was running in flat-soled pub trainers. Otherwise it felt like I could've gone a lot further.

Tomorrow's a day off. On Thursday I'll try to add another five minutes.

5 comments:

Robert Campbell said...

How far is 25 mins?

Michael said...

At the current pace, probably around two and a half miles.

Bryan said...

Nowt wrong with ten minute miles, at least that’s what I keep telling myself.
When you were describing the locals in that post I briefly thought you’d moved to Sunderland.

Raj Sengild said...

The description of the road sounded like the A19 as well.

Robert Campbell said...

And there was me thinking it was somewhere near Ouseburn.