Thursday, March 06, 2008

Obama Obama



Glazed eyes, utter subservience, acting so bad it shames Thunderbird Hillary Clinton, and a mind-dulling mantra repeated over and over until it replaces all sense of independent thought: slightly creepy, in a Patti Hearst-goes-to-Pyongyang-kind-of-way.

But the big question in the Democratic race remains this: In an emergency, whose arm would you like to see reaching for the phone at 3 o'clock in the morning? Married to a serial philanderer, I'm guessing Hillary shades this one on experience.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't quite know why, but I'm a Hilary man myself...

Michael said...

It's the hair. That coiffured look's got many a man hooked.

Anonymous said...

As much as many of us in the States think Hillary would make a wonderful president, we just can't bear the Republican incantations of the old buzzwords that would surely follow: Monica, Whitewater, impeachment... We'd rather leave it all behind us. And it is not just conservative men who hate her, e.g., I have (otherwise intelligent and articulate) female students in my college classes who say they hate her; when questioned, they don't even know why. Hillary hatred is embedded in our culture as much as GW Bush hatred; she is too divisive a figure to win against John McCain. Barack Obama for president! (And I say this with a certain sadness at letting go of the Hillary dream)

Michael said...

I've always found her preposterously fake. But maybe that's just me.

But despite all that and my utter hatred of the Thatcher woman, I'm all for a female president.

Maybe next time, eh?