Wednesday, July 02, 2008

The Barton Conundrum

Is it time to ditch Joey Barton? The consensus from rubber-neckers with enough time to post on The Guardian's sports blog seems to be yes, yes, yes.

In most other jobs there would be no discussion. Gross misconduct twice over and out you go. But then most other employers don't face writing off a £6 million transfer fee, do they? Plus, you just know there'll be plenty of managers with the hubris to give him another chance - and he'll end up playing out of his skin (as opposed to off his head) on his next visit to St James'.

Whether he's sacked or not, the big mistake was signing him in the first place. And we know who's to blame for that, Mr Allardyce.

3 comments:

Karen Toon said...

Damn right - I know I'd get sacked (but then again my boss is a mackem) if I had to take 'leave' due to being banged up. I wonder if Ashley will have let is head rule his wallet?

damo said...

tbh - I';d get rid of him. not only for the fact he's been in chokey, but the main reason is that he isn't good enough

Michael said...

We're not going to be able to sell him, that's for sure. So we either keep him until Fat Sam gets another job or just save on the sixty grand a week wage bill by giving him the boot now.

I think if they were going to sack him, they'd have done it by now. The wallet rules the head, as usual.