Sunday, June 11, 2006

Sunday Morning

Today's a scorcher. If it weren't for the smell of roast beef and the unedifying sight of Heather McCartney's jugs splashed across the front page of the Sunday papers, I could almost forget I was in England at all. Football's off for today as I have to butter Katka up so she won't moan too much when the more important games are on during the week. Not that Mexico vs Iran was a particularly exciting prospect anyway. I spent a couple of hours this morning wandering round the local garden centre where I bought a lovely light orange Osteospermum, a trailing Million Bell for the new wall mounted basket, and a tall Aguilegia McKana with dancing yellow flowers. After lunch we're going to brave the roads and cycle to the beach at South Shields for a quick plodge and a few beers...and maybe a sly peek at some sporting action on TV. Sshh.

No comments: