Monday, June 23, 2008

Italy versus Spain

That's two and a half hours of my life I'll never get back. At least, being on the Beeb, we were spared the witterings of 'expert' summariser Sam Allardyce (who would have played six in midfield, eight at the back and been three-nil down after twenty minutes). The worst thing is, you knew what was coming from the start: Italy are to verve and entertainment what Luca Toni is to clinical finishing. Germany against Spain in the final - and the Germans to win two-one.

3 comments:

damo said...

Good call on the Germans to win - I put a tenner on them to win.

Michael said...

Sorry mate, but your money went as soon as I tipped them. That big lump from Stuttgart'll end up playing in attack...probably a last-minute winner from a centre-back, scuffed off his knee.

Garry Nixon said...

My mate texted me to see if I wanted to go round to his place to watch Spain v Italy, (unlike me, he has a telly). But my phone was switched off, and I didn't get the message until it was all over. So that was two and half hours of my life I didn't lose, even though I was probably only playing Solitaire on the PC.