Sunday, July 08, 2007

Consume Less(ish)

Lately I've been buying shoes, a vital departure from habit (usually I go round shops like Socrates in the marketplace, not to buy but to remind myself of all the things I have no need for, or else am just too cheap to buy). I was down to my last two pairs: year-old hiking shoes which I'd started having to wear to work and some battered, flat-bottomed Pumas which I only put on to go running. They are now accompanied by bright brown leather Clarks with stitching round the sides, '80s retro New Balance, white Reebok running shoes that were splattered with puddle water the first time I wore them, and a pair of open-topped Karrimors (my last sandals snapped on the rocks at Palolem Beach and I stubbed my big toe, painfully) in case the sun hangs around.

No comments: